ARIA–Regional Immunisation Support and Engagement (ARIA-RISE)
After a competitive tender process, ARIA was successful in securing funding for the ARIA-RISE project from the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Indo-Pacific Centre for Health Security through its Pacific Infectious Disease Prevention (PIDP) Program. This project is being implemented from 2020 to 2022 in collaboration with governments of Pacific Island Countries (PICs), Papua New Guinea and Timor Leste, and global immunisation partners such as the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations International Children’s Education Fund (UNICEF) and the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations (GAVI).
Current ARIA-RISE projects include:
- Rapid Formative Assessment
- Seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 and select vaccine-preventable diseases in Timor-Leste
- Regional Guidelines for Measles and Rubella Outbreak Preparedness and Response in the WPR
- Immunisation Education Training Program for Mid-Level Managers
- Point-of-care testing to determine dengue serostatus: a field evaluation study in Timor-Leste
- Serological surveillance for vaccine preventable diseases in the Western Pacific Region
- Vaccine Champions – Strengthening Vaccine Communication Program
- Sero-Surveillance for Vaccine Preventable Diseases: A component of the reaching zero-dose children and under-immunised communities in East New Britain, Papua New Guinea health systems strengthening project
- Development of a community-based intervention to improve immunization coverage among children with disability in Fiji to inform practice in the Pacific
- Determining Streptococcus pneumoniae carriage in children under five in Timor-Leste: A cross-sectional pre-vaccination survey
- Vaccination behavioural insights research to inform tailored resource development in three Pacific Island Countries
- Reaching Zero-Dose children in the Solomon Islands: Technical assistance for Solomon Islands Ministry of Health and Medical Services Extended Program on Immunisation (supplementary)
Learn more about these projects on the ARIA Project Hub page.
Pacific measles outbreak response
As part of ARIA-RISE project, ARIA, in collaboration with WHO, facilitated the identification of technical experts and their deployment to assist with measles outbreaks in Pacific Islands countries and areas in 2020.
ARIA Community of Practice 2019 – present
ARIA has established a community of practice where members come together to share, learn and collaborate around particular immunisation and vaccine preventable diseases technical areas.